I saw a question on the 3DVIA Composer user forum the other day about modifying environment maps. In Composer an environment map is used more as a reflection map rather than a full imaged based lighting map. Think of it as a virtual sphere that an image is mapped onto and the image is then reflected back in your materials. The reflection will vary depending on many of the attributes in the actual material chosen but by changing the map you can vary your reflections. Since modifying the maps may not be compleatly obvious , I figured that it would make a great idea for a TodCast. With that in mind, here are a few tips and tricks that might help to get just that reflection you are looking for. ~Tod
- Detail View of a Detail View
- Garth COLEMAN: Nice tips, Tim!
- Easily Use Your Drawing Frames for Technical Illustrations Just with 3DVIA Composer Standard Functions!
- Garth COLEMAN: I always knew you could put titleblocks into a 2D…
- 3DVIA Composer – In Action at a Local Service Garage
- TodCast #16 Easy Flow Techniques
- dominick.gallegos: Great tip Tod, thanks for sharing!!!
- TodCast #23 Animation Organization TechniquesYou may have noticed I’ve been gone for a bit. I’ve taken a new role as a SolidWorks Composer TTM. This episode I’ve decided to revisit using Selection sets and Filters to help organize and edit your animations. Remember, naming selections in proper order can be a very powerful asset when editing your animation. Enjoy, […]Tod CRUIKSHANK
- Copy KeysFor most of you this is a refresher on one of the capabilities within 3DVIA Composer Authoring. When animating repetitive tasks it is helpful to utilize the “Copy Selected Tracks of the Selected Actors” from the context menu in the timeline. In this example I am applying a rotation to a single bolt and then […]Tim HORSCH
- Building a configurator applicationThere have been many requests for an instruction on how to build a configurator application. Actually, it’s not so difficult to build such an application if you have good understandings of views in Composer and some knowledge of HTML coding. Here is a procedure you can follow. In this tutorial, we just use the GotoView() […]Shuji MOCHIDA
- Moving multiple parts with “Local Transform”Composer has many useful functions to help your authoring processes faster and more enjoyable. The first function I would like to introduce is “Select Instances” that can select all the same geometry referenced in several positions of the model. With this function, you can select multiple instances with just one click. Then, select Transform > […]Shuji MOCHIDA
- Fundamentals of Creating Great Technical CommunicationDiscover how to shorten production, minimize overhead and surpass your competition by creating modern assembly instructions with 3DVIA Composer. Share with us how 3DVIA Composer has helped you in your daily missions ! SammySammy GAD
Tags: 3d Software Technology, 3DVIA, 3dvia-composer, Environment Maps, product communication, tips and tricks.TodCast
You must log in to post a comment.