I saw a question on the 3DVIA Composer user forum the other day about modifying environment maps. In Composer an environment map is used more as a reflection map rather than a full imaged based lighting map. Think of it as a virtual sphere that an image is mapped onto and the image is then reflected back in your materials. The reflection will vary depending on many of the attributes in the actual material chosen but by changing the map you can vary your reflections. Since modifying the maps may not be compleatly obvious , I figured that it would make a great idea for a TodCast. With that in mind, here are a few tips and tricks that might help to get just that reflection you are looking for. ~Tod
- Detail View of a Detail View
- Garth COLEMAN: Nice tips, Tim!
- Easily Use Your Drawing Frames for Technical Illustrations Just with 3DVIA Composer Standard Functions!
- Garth COLEMAN: I always knew you could put titleblocks into a 2D…
- 3DVIA Composer – In Action at a Local Service Garage
- TodCast #16 Easy Flow Techniques
- dominick.gallegos: Great tip Tod, thanks for sharing!!!
- TodCast #29 Use Styles for ConsistencyStyles are a very powerful and probably an under-utilized feature that can really help make your Composer experiences more consistent. In one example from the forum, a user was adding spaces to text panels to make them the same size. I see users all the time that will make a new panel and change the […]Tod CRUIKSHANK
- TodCast #28 Customer Video Sample #1This is the first customer video from one of our 3Dmojo users, Azhar Qazi. Azar is a Mechanical Engineer from India working for Precihole Machine Tools. He works in design and development of Air rifles as well as Deep Hole Drilling machines. As an additional activity he also creates content for marketing like rendered images, […]Tod CRUIKSHANK
- TodCast #27 CATIA Composer Moto DemoHello, Here is just a few possible use cases for CATIA Composer showing some nice examples in Sales and Marketing, Quality Assessment, Customer Support and Services, Manuals and Technical Documentation, and Engineering and Manufacturing using imported PMI from CATIA. BTW, We are still looking for customer demo videos, possible tips or any other Composer skills […]Tod CRUIKSHANK
- TodCast #26 3DVIA becomes CATIA ComposerYou probably noticed some changes when you got to 3DMOJO. New logo and colors, whats up? You might say, “but I’m not a CATIA user.” Not to worry, its all good 3DVIA Composer is now called CATIA Composer. This is an exciting development which promises to be help for all Composer users. CATIA is Dassault […]Tod CRUIKSHANK
- Calling all HerosIt’s time to show off your Composer skills. In talking with users at trade shows and customer sites many of you have developed really cool tips and tricks of your own to help speed up your production or help in specific situations. Why not show off those skills and be a hero to others who […]Tod CRUIKSHANK
Tags: 3d Software Technology, 3DVIA, 3dvia-composer, Environment Maps, product communication, tips and tricks.TodCast
You must log in to post a comment.