I saw a question on the 3DVIA Composer user forum the other day about modifying environment maps. In Composer an environment map is used more as a reflection map rather than a full imaged based lighting map. Think of it as a virtual sphere that an image is mapped onto and the image is then reflected back in your materials. The reflection will vary depending on many of the attributes in the actual material chosen but by changing the map you can vary your reflections. Since modifying the maps may not be compleatly obvious , I figured that it would make a great idea for a TodCast. With that in mind, here are a few tips and tricks that might help to get just that reflection you are looking for. ~Tod
- Detail View of a Detail View
- Garth COLEMAN: Nice tips, Tim!
- Easily Use Your Drawing Frames for Technical Illustrations Just with 3DVIA Composer Standard Functions!
- Garth COLEMAN: I always knew you could put titleblocks into a 2D…
- 3DVIA Composer – In Action at a Local Service Garage
- TodCast #16 Easy Flow Techniques
- dominick.gallegos: Great tip Tod, thanks for sharing!!!
- Use Milestones to snapshot in-between stepsOne of the newly implemented functions of CATIA Compsoer R2016x is Milestone. Each Milestone can be placed anywhere in the Marker field from the right-click menu, so that you can define a specific frame of an animation sequence to be captured and created as an raster image. Inside the High Resolution Image workshop, you can […]Shuji MOCHIDA
- Animation LibraryCATIA Composer has been well known for its easy-to-define key frame based animations. However, it’s sometimes tedious to define each key for repetitive animation sequences. Thus, we implemented the Animation Library workshop to further improve the efficiency of animation definitions. Inside the Animation Library, very useful functions were introduced. So, here, we will take a […]Shuji MOCHIDA
- Multi-Track TimelineThe multi-track Timeline feature provides users with a more efficient way of managing keys for animation definitions. In the Timeline, users can easily identify and locate target keys to edit without tedious filtering operations. Before, one single line had multiple purposes. So, you had to rely on the filter function to see only the target […]Shuji MOCHIDA
- 3D Tool LibraryHave you ever wondered if you could easily obtain necessary 3D tools such as screw drivers and hammers? Here is good news for you. Starting with the R2016x release, CATIA Composer includes a handy set of tools for you. Just by selecting WORKSHOPS > Model Browser > 3D Tools, you can see wrenches, spanners, drivers, […]Shuji MOCHIDA
- TodCast #29 Use Styles for ConsistencyStyles are a very powerful and probably an under-utilized feature that can really help make your Composer experiences more consistent. In one example from the forum, a user was adding spaces to text panels to make them the same size. I see users all the time that will make a new panel and change the […]Tod CRUIKSHANK
Tags: 3d Software Technology, 3DVIA, 3dvia-composer, Environment Maps, product communication, tips and tricks.TodCast